May 25, 2007

Vicki Hennig was at our house again to talk with us about Lamar. She was concerned that we weren't making it to the 4-H meetings and truly being totally committed. It’s true, right from the beginning my mom wasn’t really committed to going to club. My dad said I could do a seeing eye dog and that was it. When we first got Lamar, I did everything right, but as time went on taking Lamar out on the leash every time he had to go Park was getting a little annoying. Lamar has a very important roll. It’s not nice to just treat him like a family dog and then wham, when he goes back everything has to change. I think all of my family is learning from this experience with a Seeing Eye Dog, in training. We are now totally committed and I feel really good about it! What a relief, and reward once we have accomplished our goal, together!

No comments: