Lamar's Duty

After going to Morristown NJ to watch Lamar walk around town(his official town walk) his instructor, Barbara informed us that Lamar was doing wonderful and that he would most likely be placed with a blind man\woman in a mater of weeks. And it happened. Btw, watching Lamar w| his trainer show us what he'd learned(by walking Barb around, avoiding objects, putting his body in front of her's, watching traffic, and being very alert) was the most rewarding I have ever felt! He did amazingly well. My mom was crying and none of us; Dad, Mom and I, could believe that was our Lamar out there doing so well. The one thing I didn't like so well was that we were not allowed to talk to Lamar. We had to stay abt 15 behind Lamar as he walked, I think he might have recognized us tho, haha opps. So anyways, Lamar has been matched up with a 54 year old woman from Washington, who is a Homemaker. Lamar is her sixth dog guide. Here is a letter from his new owner:

"Hello! Lamar is so wonderful, and I just wanted to say thanks to you for such a great job in raising him. I truly love him, and love working with him. I truly believe God put this match together, and am looking forward to all of our adventures together.
I live on the west coast, with my husband, and our tomcat Sammy.
We do a good bit of travelling, and are very involved in our church and community. Lamar will be kept busy going with me to all my activities. I serve on a couple of Boards, which could mean some travel from home. I also enjoy just taking walks, and know that Lamar likes that, as well, we had a great time going around the Leisure Path at The Seeing Eye.
Once again, thanks for all you have done, to help make Lamar the perfect dog he is! :)
Peace and blessings!"

So that's it for Lamar! I'm sure he's loving his new life, and doing a great job!

No comments: